Fiber Account Executive
The Fiber Account Executive is primarily responsible for growing the fiber optic network for point to point, point to multipoint, and internet bandwidth connections within designated territories. The Fiber Account Executive must develop and maintain business relationships with all business customers including, but not limited to businesses of all sizes including the education and healthcare industry, to maximize account value by offering specific Horizon products and services. Incumbent must respond to customer inquiries, manage service aspects of the account, cold call and network in an effort to initiate contacts with business prospects for various service offerings.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct sales responsibility for acquiring customers on the Fiber Optic Network meeting sales goals.
- Develop and follow a comprehensive time and territory management plan to effectively maximize coverage and efficiently manage expenses.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, yearly sales objectives
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with existing/prospective business customers.
- Grow and maintain potential prospect funnel by actively cold calling and attending networking events.
- Develop and grow sales beyond existing customer base.
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing and future telephone and other communication technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to successfully network yourself and physically perform outside cold calling activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create, build, and maintain relationships;
- Excellent presenter, computer and communication skills
- Self starter, able to manage own time, schedule and sales territory as well as the ability to multitask
- A proven successful sales history;
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and function well in high stress situations.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound, independent decisions.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player
- Broad basic knowledge of the telecommunications industry and basic understanding of CPE equipment available, plant entrance and NID options.
- Knowledge of software applications related to CPE systems and data networking technologies.
- Skill in operating a variety of office equipment, including PC, printer, copy machine, adding machine, facsimile machine, and test set, and user features of telephone systems.
Education and Experience
Four year college degree or four years of telecommunications business sales experience preferred.